Thermally conductive, flexible elastomer compounds are used for heat transfer applications in electronic component cooling, therefore minimising stress.
Thermally conductive silicone elastomer products are dispensable form-in-place compounds designed for heat transfer without excessive compressive force in electronics' cooling applications.
• Cures in place once dispensed
• Dispensable form-in-place gap filling, potting, sealing and encapsulating
• Excellent blend of high thermal conductivity, flexibility and ease of use
• Conformable to irregular shapes without excessive force on components
• Ready-to-use cartridge system eliminates weighing, mixing and de-gassing steps
• Variety of kit sizes and configurations available to suit any application
• Vibration damping
• Automotive electronic control units (engine control, transmission control and braking/traction control)
• Power conversion equipment
• Power supplies and uninterruptible power supplies
• Power semiconductors
• MOSFET arrays with common heat sinks
• Televisions and consumer electronics
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the output of ASTM D5470 thermal conductivity test?
Parker Chomerics use ASTM D5470 their standard performance test method. This measures thermal impedance (resistance) of a flat disk-shaped specimen or controlled volume of a liquid thermal interface material (TIM) between two flat polished calorimeter surfaces under controlled load.
Is there a recommended surface roughness?
As a general rule, increased surface roughness will create a larger surface area available for wetting. For vertical applications, increased surface roughness will provide a greater resistance to slide. Generally, increasing the shot size, contact area and surface roughness will aid in slide resistance of the material. Surface roughness of N8 or rougher is recommended.
What materials do you recommend where applications require thin bondline thickness from a thermally conductive material?
This type of application would require a smooth/flat surface roughness. For this we recommend Ablefilm, Thermattach tapes, Cho-Therm, thermal greases or pastes/gels.